Our story begins by a small creek

A village near Stara Loka, next to a small spring, carrier the name of Papirnica. It is named after its famous former inhabitant, the paper mill (in Slovene: papirnica) from 1740. The archives still treasure samples of the paper produced there in 1741, carrying the watermark with the initials H. S. of its first owner, papermaker Henrik Stiben. In the following decades, the creek-bound papermill becomes too small, and the papermakers turn their sights towards the nearby river Sora.